Tuesday, June 23, 2009

(Tweets?) Toots Day - Bird Song

Okay, this is quite a stretch, but that's okay. It's TweetsDay TootsDay?

You might consider this Part 2 to "Music Monday." I found the website for this PBS show "The Music Instinct" about music and science I mentioned on "Music Monday." I thought there might be some good online content, and I was right. Lots of good online content - check it out @ www.pbs.org/wnet/musicinstinct

And, what about Toots and Tweets? This TV program and its website linked in the above paragraph discuss bird song. Do birds toot? Um, again, kinda of a stretch, but you could argue so. A voice, whether bird, or humans, for that matter, have similar construction to a wind instrument. Think about it - a very flexible and fleshy wind instrument, but...sure... I'm an alto wind instrument - or actually tenor (I have a low vocal range for a woman.). How about you? And, think about this the next you hear a bird song.

Please visit Music Stuff & More @ CafePress and @ Zazzle