Sunday, July 01, 2007

New Music Graphics & New Shirts, Etc.

I've been playing with my iPod and iTunes too much... Lots of great new music - and, well, old music. Been especially enjoying Paul McCartney's new album and music video (on iTunes as well as YouTube), and the "Darfur" benefit album of "modern-day" music artists' covers of John Lennon songs. (Amazing how some of John's old songs are even more relevant to today than they were when they first came out.) Bono & U2 do a great cover of "Instant Karma." And I might prefer Steven Tyler & Aerosmith's reggae version (yes, a raggae band joins in on this) better than John's original version of "Give Peace a Chance."

For fellow Beatles (and Wings) fans, it was great seeing Paul and Ringo, also Yoko and Olivia Harrison, on "Larry King" this week. I'm bummed that the show is not - at least not yet - available on "Larry King"'s iTunes' podcasts. Paris Hilton is - but so what?! I want Ringo and Paul. Great old Beatles' clips and music were included in that"King" show.

Yes, I do like new music, too - been listening to a lot of "The Cat Empire" lately, for just one "new-ish" group. And "New Shoes" by Paolo, um, whatever his unusual last name is (sorry). Lily Allen, if I pretty much ignore her lyrics (good, quite talented, but much in need of an attitude adjustment - so negative! Maturity will likely take care of that, usually does. ) Bit and pieces of the soundtracks from the "Pirates..." movies.... (aren't those bass strings wonderful?)

Anyway - my new music graphics: A purple Circle of Fifths and a Bass Clef Circle of Fifths. Both were requested by customers. The Bass Clef C of 5 was actually overdue. I thought of it a long time ago, but never got around to doing anything about it. So I'm kinda glad a customer gave me a needed shove/incentive to get 'er done already. Do note that there are two similar versions of the Bass Clef Circle of Fifths graphic.

See the new music graphics written about above and the new Junior Jersey in the "NEW NEW NEW" section of Music Stuff & More

For the Americans out there, have a happy 4th of July!

(BTW, I bought Ray Charles' "America" and, yes, Jimi Hendrix's "Star-Spangled Banner" at the iTunes store... Now, to rip a couple of those John Philip Sousa marches off my CD for my iPod...)

Oh, "Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother..."

Okay, most of you won't get that reference. It is musical, and it is 4th of July. ; )

Be cool. Keep cool. Have a good one.